Many professionals from top architecture firms in Malaysia love because of its rich finish and high durability. It can be used in almost all surfaces. However, you still need to be cautious, since it emits strong fumes which can be very overwhelming. Also, it’s impossible to wash this paint with water.
Advantages of using oil-based paint:
- Good leveling
- Durable, hard finish
- Attractive gloss
- Great for high-moisture rooms, like the kitchen or bathroom
- Longer dry time
Many of the bestselling house paints today is water-based, mainly because it is easy to use. If the surface has been coated with oil-based paint before, you need to be careful when switching to a water-based product. It may have some trouble sticking. Water-based paint behave butter compared to oil-based ones because it has great leveling qualities for a much smoother finish.
Advantages of using water-based paint:
- Quick drying
- Flexible, elastic finish that is resistant to cracking
- Can be utilized on almost all surfaces
- Doesn’t fade or yellow in sunlight
- Doesn’t require any pre-treatment
- No mildew growth
- Easy cleanup with water
Mate Paint Finish
Sheen choices vary per manufacturer, though they share common characteristics. today, many people are looking for new, more creative ways to match and mix them. More and more clients are becoming experimental with their paint finishes, in order to come up with unique textures.
Do you want to achieve a matte paint finish on your ceilings and walls? Here are its advantages:
- Provides great depth of color
- Regarded as the standard sheen for walls
- Can be difficult to clean
- Velvety texture
- Hides imperfections in ceilings and walls